Recently a young man reached out to me with a blog post idea to share a venture he’s been working on to help eczema sufferers. His name is Kerrison, and he’s created an app called “Exma” to help those with eczema to identify their food triggers. I think this is a great idea as our daily meals play a huge role in the heath of our bodies and skin, and finding out which foods can be most aggravating can help lessen flares and even heal the skin. I have a page dedicated to “Food and Allergy Triggers” HERE for more information. Below, Kerrison gives more info about himself and about his app! Make sure to check it out and download it with the link below. If you do give it a go, make sure to leave a comment below on how it worked out for you, and also let Kerrison know @ email@example.com
Q & A
1.) Tell me a little bit about your history with eczema; how old are you, where do you live, how long have you had eczema and do you have a history with topical steroids?
- I am 23 years old, I live in Melbourne, Australia, I have had eczema since I was a child, and I have used topical steroids on and off since I was a child as well.
2.) What are you currently doing to treat your eczema?
- Currently to maintain my eczema I’m using Elidel twice a week to try and maintain it, but I know this is not a long term solution. Moisturize daily. Vacuum the bedroom weekly, and use dust-mite proof bedding. I’m also ensuring my diet is healthy and I exercise 2-3 times per week.
3.) Tell me about this app and why you created it.
- The app helps people with severe eczema identify their triggers. I created the app because I couldn’t figure out what was making my eczema worse, and using a pen and paper to track these variables is too difficult. The app currently requires manual input but we are rolling out new features to automate these inputs.
4.) What would you like the users of this app to get out of it?
- My main goal is to help people suffering from eczema identify their triggers so that it’s no longer affecting their life.
5.) What words of encouragement do you have for those suffering with eczema?
- For words of encouragement, I would say to keep trying to figure out what works for you. All these drugs only focus on the symptom and not the problem. They have their place but keep searching for what works for you. And always seek for help because there are a lot of people wanting to help you just like yourself, Jennifer. Understand your triggers and take control of your eczema.