Persimmons are AMAZING!!! Never had one? Please give it a go! They are super sweet like candy with this ooey gooey texture to them. They look like cute lil tomatoes ☺️ They are mainly in season around this time and when you try them out you gotta make sure they’re super ripe before eating. An under ripe persimmon will have a bitter taste and will leave you with a weird mouth feel. You’ll know when it’s ready when the skin is really soft to where you can almost break the skin from pushing into it. Like when a tomato is getting soft and squishy. Gotta be patient though, these bad boys can take awhile to ripen…but good things come to those who wait, like this delicious smoothie!!!
Serves 1…because I like a massive smoothie for breakfast.
- 1 super ripe persimmon (you can eat the skin too)
- 4 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 date
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- about 1 cup or more water (desired consistency)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
BLEND & ENJOY! 😋
This is just about the easiest breakfast you can make! So sweet, delicious and nourishing, you’ll feel like you’re treating yourself to dessert! Papaya and mango are so awesome for skin health, and the banana gives it the creaminess and calorie density to keep you full. I like to keep it pretty simple for breakfast, lots of fruit to give my body the wonderful carby energy that it needs. Fruit is also great to have for breakfast because your body has been fasting while you’ve slept, so it’s nice to introduce easily digestible foods to the body so you’re not overworking it or shocking the system with something heavy that will take forever to digest and make you feel sluggish. I’ll either do something like this delicious papaya boat, raw fruit, lots of melon (quickest digestible fruit) , nice cream or fruit smoothies for breakfast. 🙂
*tip! Save the seeds from the papaya, wash and freeze. You can use these as a natural anti-germ remedy for parasites, infections and as a natural antibiotic. Just take a spoonful on an empty stomach, crush (I like to just crush with my teeth…holding my nose of course) and swallow with water. I’ve used this remedy many times while going through an intense flare with oozing skin. It helps to keep any infection away, and in my opinion it speeds up healing. It seemed to draw out the ooze and heal it up quicker! All of those wonderful enzymes go to work to heal the body! Gotta love natural, drug free remedies!
Papaya Boat with Banana Mango Nice Cream!
- 1/2 ripe papaya
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- add a knob of grated ginger for a nice kick!
- Wash the papaya, cut in half (lengthwise), scoop out seeds
- Take frozen banana, mango and optional grated ginger and place in a high speed blender. While using the tamper (tool used to push down contents in blender while blending) blend the frozen fruit until it’s a creamy ice cream consistency. You can add a tiny bit of water if you want it like a soft serve consistency, but I like it without liquid.
- Scoop into the papaya boat and enjoy!