💦h y d r a t i o n💦
Last night on our group coaching call with Abby of Prime Physique Nutrition we had members from California, England, and Australia! 😃 ***If you’d like to sign up for the Conqueror Eczema Academy and be apart of our next round of LIVE coaching, make sure to click HERE!
We discussed many topics, and one of them was the importance of getting hydrated when you wake up in the morning. It’s not only important for people with skin issues but for anyone! We have to remember that we’ve pretty much been fasting all night, so it’s not uncommon to feel super thirsty and dehydrated with extra dry skin. Getting an ample amount of liquids in you in the morning not only helps you hydrate from the inside out by bathing your organs & cells but it stimulates digestion and flushes out toxins!
This is how I like to do it… it has become routine for me and super easy to do: First I like to drink a good amount of room temperature water, then I will drink my celery juice. This is a Medical Medium practice that I’ve adopted and love to do! There are so many health benefits with it, but here’s a few:
- it’s great for skin health
- alkalizing the body
- flushing out toxins
- aids in digestion
- it gives me energy
- and I instantly feel like my skin is refreshed when I drink it!
I like to add a knob of fresh ginger to mine, for extra anti-inflammatory and antibacterial benefits. A little while after that I will have my warm turmeric tea with lime. It’s basically warm lime or lemon water with the addition of turmeric and a tiny bit of black pepper & coconut oil to make it more bioavailable & to bring out the healing properties in it. Turmeric is highly anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich. After that I will have some fresh fruit, usually, it’s some sort of melon but today I did a mix of blood oranges, valencia oranges, and navel oranges. 🍊🍊🍊 It’s always best to consume fruit as the first meal of the day because it’s super easy to digest, and hydrating… we don’t want to burden the digestive tract with heavy, hard to digest foods because as I mentioned, we’ve been fasting all night. How do you like to hydrate in the morning?💦
Make sure to subscribe to my Instagram account: eczema.holistic.healing
More info on all of the awesome benefits of celery juice: CLICK HERE
Check out how to make the turmeric paste for my turmeric x lime tea: CLICK HERE
I got inspired after the live coaching session that Abby & I held the other night for a group of eczema sufferers to get back on that celery juice routine! Abby reminded me about the benefits of drinking it and I started to remember how much I liked doing it every AM and how good my skin felt! I highly recommend adding this to your diet, I’m going to be more consistent with it from now on. Make sure you use organic celery, and you can use the Omega vsj843r slow masticating juicer, which you can find HERE. Making celery juice is super easy and healing for the body, inside and out! This is a Medical Medium practice, make sure to check out his site! http://www.medicalmedium.com/blog/celery-juice
Here’s info about all the benefits of drinking this juice:
- Fresh celery juice is one of the most powerful and healing juices one can drink. Just 16 oz of fresh celery juice every morning on an empty stomach can transform your health and digestion in as little as one week.
- Celery juice also has significant anti-inflammatory properties making it highly beneficial for those who suffer from autoimmune conditions such as Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraines, Vertigo, IBS, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriasis, Eczema, Acne, Lupus, Guillain-Barre, Sarcoidosis, Raynaud’s, Meniere’s, GERD, Bursitis, Restless Leg Syndrome, and Gout.
- Celery juice is also strongly alkaline and helps to prevent and counteract acid reflux, acidosis, high blood pressure, joint pain, ringing in ears, tingles & numbness, hot flashes, blurry eyes, headaches, heart palpitations, edema, heartburn, fatigue, dizziness, muscle cramps, sleep issues, constipation, and bloating. It also helps to purify the bloodstream, aid in digestion, relax the nerves, reduce blood pressure, and clear up skin problems. Celery contains compounds called coumarins which are known to enhance the activity of certain white blood cells and support the vascular system.
- Celery juice is rich in organic sodium content and has the ability to dislodge calcium deposits from the joints and hold them in solution until they can be eliminated safely from the kidneys. It is also an effective natural diuretic and has ample ability to flush toxins out of the body which makes it excellent to use on any weight loss program.
Using a juicer, simply just press the freshly washed celery through the juicer and enjoy!
*Make sure to drink once you juice or blend it, you don’t want to really let it sit, but if you do want to store it put it in an airtight glass container like a mason jar.
*Another great tip is to make a chewing motion as you’re drinking it. Whenever you are drinking a blended fruit or veggie juice you want to do this as it signals to the digestive tract that food is coming and to prepare to digest. It also stimulates the enzymes in the mouth to help break down the drink.