“Put Some Dirt On It”😂
My legs & feet have always been my worst areas in my eczema recovery & when they start to feel a bit irritated, I bring out my trusty Bentonite Clay to give my skin some much needed attention. I apply this to dry skin, not full on oozing skin. I had some flaky areas with small dried oozed spots. My philosophy with oozing skin is to let it dry up on its own & work on deeper cleansing methods with food & natural remedies.
Here’s some info about this healing clay: Bentonite clay comes from volcanic ash & some of the largest sources of it are found in Fort Benton, Wyoming.
✅It is packed with trace minerals including calcium, magnesium, silica, sodium, copper, iron & potassium.
✅The magic lies in how it draws out the toxins & impurities in the skin (& internally when ingested) as it has the ability to produce a charge that is electrical in nature when it comes in contact with liquid, similar to how earthing (touching your bare feet to the earth; wet grass) works. When the clay touches any type of fluid (normally water), it takes on a different charge & binds to any present toxins within the fluid. When mixed with water & left to dry on the skin as a mask, it is able to bind to bacteria & toxins living on the surface of the skin & within pores. This helps to reduce the outbreak of blemishes, alleviate redness, fights against allergic reactions and even helps heal poison ivy.
✅It can act as an antibiotic treatment when applied to the skin, helping to calm skin infections, & speed up healing time of wounds.
🔹TIP: I mix 2 parts water to 1 part clay, & I use a ceramic bowl and mix with my fingers. You DON’T want to mix with metal utensils & a metal bowl as it is said that it will de-activate the magnetic charge needed to pull out the toxins. Also if you’ve been scratching the area pretty badly, applying the clay can burn. You want to let it sit about 20 min, until it’s dry, wash & pat dry. Afterwards I applied my DIY mix of coconut oil x frankincense eo x helichrysum eo for anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, discolouration & skin healing properties.
For the EOs that I use, you can purchase them HERE at my store site!
☀️What’s up, guys?! Prime Physique Nutrition has an awesome sale going on until Monday, 25% off her products in her shop!💙 I personally LOVE the Conqueror Balm, I use it every day! The scent is divine, it’s hydrating and not too thick and heavy like how other balms can be and I find that a little goes a long way it. The Calming Bath Treatment has been my fave to soak my feet in. The unique blend of ingredients Abby has crafted gives your skin a soft and hydrated feeling after each soak. This sale also includes her ebooks and eczema gloves! Make sure to take advantage of all the awesome products to give your skin some relief! YOU ARE A CONQUEROR!!
Click HERE to purchase!
My favourite essential oil blend to diffuse at night for restful sleep is a mix of Lavender, Roman Chamomile & Vetiver. I will sometimes just take the bottle of Lavender & inhale to give me a calm, soothing effect if needed & if you put 3 drops of Lavender eo in a veggie cap (with an edible carrier oil like coconut oil) you can take this as a sleep remedy without the side-effects.
You can purchase the same high quality therapeutic & food grade oils that I use and sell from my store site: CLICK HERE
Also check out more info on their wonderful sourcing practices: HERE
Here’s some info from Dr.Z (eo specialist):
“Essential oils are transdermal (meaning they penetrate the skin) & work on the body’s physiology in a variety of ways. This means that you can affect your body’s biochemistry when applying them topically in a similar way as when taking them internally or inhaling them via diffusion. As research suggests, topical application may actually be one of the most effective methods for people with sleep disorders as the chemical components of lavender have been shown to enter the blood stream within 5 minutes of massaging the oil on the skin. The calming & relaxing effects of lavender essential oil have a one-two punch when applied topically because of the direct aromatic benefit on the brain when the volatile organic compounds are inhaled & through the skin! The 1992 study that proved this, also uncovered that maximum concentration levels were observed within 20 min. Don’t worry, it’s not like the sedative properties last forever. Within 90 min most of the lavender was eliminated.”
Click HERE to purchase!
This is seriously the most effective remedy that I’ve done for that awful eczema ooze, HANDS DOWN! I so wish I had found out about it in my early incredibly awful stages of topical steroid withdrawal where I had open wounds and ooze literally dripping down my legs and feet as well as a light covering over my cheeks, sometimes coming out of my ears, light coverings on my legs and stomach. As time went on the ooze pretty much stayed from my legs down with the occasional face ooze.
Before TSW I never experienced the ooze as intense before. It would seem to happen in my scalp sometimes, and on my face and ears if I had been drinking a lot of alcohol the night before. When I started to experience it during TSW it was for me the absolute worst symptom in the whole process. I would stick to my sheets at night and the awful smell that it produced would make me feel so sick. When my skin oozes, I tend to leave it be to do it’s thing, dry up on it’s own, crust and fall off. I’ve found that applying anything to it like coconut oil and turmeric (which is an effective remedy on dry skin and cuts) or even washing it just made it ooze more.
This is what itsan.org defines as the ooze (this was from their Q & A section).
Ooze/ Serous Exudate – A fluid the skin produces during Topical Steroid Withdrawal with a high content of protein and cellular debris which has escaped from blood vessels and has been deposited in tissues or on tissue surfaces, usually as a result of inflammation.
Q: What is the liquid that oozes out of my body?
A: This liquid is called serous exudate. Most going through Topical Steroid Withdrawal just call it ooze. It is thought to be the “interstitial” fluid that is pushed out when blood vessels are dilated. It may cover your skin in a thin, sticky layer or you may see small blisters form and collect this fluid.
The first time I tried this remedy was when I came down to stay with my mother in Florida. She is all about using essential oils for all kinds of illnesses and suggested that I take it in a capsule form. I did 3 drops, diluted with fractionated coconut oil in a veggie cap and took them every 5 hours (you should only take up to 24 drops of EO’s a day). This remedy is powerful and shouldn’t be done more than 10-14 days (take a week off and if needed do another 10-14 days). I like to do this for 7 days on 7 days off if I need to, but it’s so powerful I never got up to 7 days. Within the next day I noticed the ooze drying up and by the second or third day it was totally done. I was pretty amazed at the progress! That was truly the last time I experienced terrible oozing and from then on whenever I’d flare it would be minor oozing and I’d do the oregano oil capsule and only really need to do it for a few days! Sometimes I would add frankincense essential oil for extra anti inflammatory properties. If I was also in pain with aching, tingling, never pain, etc I would add marjoram, lemongrass and frankincense essential oils. This remedy is known as the “morphine bomb” and is very effective at reliving the pain. I would even apply these oils to the soles of my feet when my the tops of my feet had that intense throbbing, aching, burning pain and within 10 minutes the pain subsides! I highly recommend taking oregano oil internally to combat the ooze symptoms of eczema, along with a healthy cleansing diet, hydrating a lot throughout the day (drinking half your weight in oz of water daily) and plenty of rest. You can also implement deep cleansing methods like fasting, enemas and colonics.
If you are interested in getting the veggie capsules and any of the oils that I mentioned, a diffuser and more, you can purchase them from my store site and help support my small family business! 🙂 DoTerra’s oils are highly regarded for it’s purity & quality as they are food grade (only take EO’s internally if they are food grade and have the “supplemental facts” info on the bottle and come from a trusted source) and they are never ever diluted with zero fillers or preservatives. Not all oils are created equal as some brands will dilute the oil and not use the first distilation process. DoTerra oils always use the first distilation process, meaning it’s of the highest grade and potency. Essential oils are concentrated plant based medicine, as it can take as many as 1000 pounds of the plant to produce just 1 pound of oil! You can see all of the awesome processing and sustainable sourcing of these fair trade oils here: SourceToYou To purchase you can click HERE (click on the “shop” tab) and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out by commenting below or emailing me at email@example.com! This company ships to many countries and has two warehouses in Europe as well, so if shipping is a concern don’t worry, you won’t have to wait weeks to receive it from the USA. Just reach out to me for more shipping questions. Also check out my natural antihistamine remedy blog post HERE. Click “continue reading” below for more info about the amazing properties and benefits of oregano oil…
Continue reading “My #1 Eczema “Ooze” Remedy”
Intense eczema itch?! Allergies attacking?! 😱 Try out this super effective natural anti-histamine remedy, essential oils! TriEase® Softgels were developed to protect against seasonal and environmental elements and to promote a healthy respiratory system when needed most. Each softgel contains equal parts of Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint essential oils, known for their ability to maintain clear breathing and a healthy immune response when combined together. I used to be a sneezy, itchy, watery eyed mess, but since adopting a whole foods plant based diet my allergies have become less intense with each season. I used to pop OTC anti-histamines like candy, but I’ve gone to more natural remedies and have found these to work great without the side effects that conventional anti-histamines have! I will also diffuse these 3 essential oils which allows me to breathe in the oils and get all of their medicinal benefits! Some of my customers like to purchase the oils that make up the TriEase capsules (lavender, lemon, peppermint) separately and a bottle of veggie capsules which allows them to make the allergy capsule themselves (2 drops of each oil diluted with a carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil). Buying them separately also allows the customer to use the oils for different remedies. For children it is best to diffuse these oils and you can also apply them to the soles of the feet diluted with a carrier oil like coconut, jojoba, olive etc.
If you would like to purchase these products you can do so by clicking HERE. Just click on the “shop” tab and you’re on your way! By purchasing from me you help to support my small family business! You can also see more information about these high quality, therapeutic food grade oils and how they ethically source them at this website: http://www.sourcetoyou.com This company ships to many countries and has two warehouses in Europe as well, so if shipping is a concern don’t worry, you won’t have to wait weeks to receive it from the USA. Just reach out to me for more shipping questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org .
LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL
- I like to use lavender essential oil in my DIY lotions and creams, apply to my scalp with tea tree oil for anti itch/anti dandruff properties, and diffuse and inhale with a drop in my palms for a calming effect.
- Place 1-2 drops under the tongue, or take in capsules. Can also be used in beverages or as a flavoring in cooking.
- Can be applied neat (with no dilution) when used topically. Apply to reflex points and directly on area of concern.
- Properties: Analgesic, anticoagulant, anticonvulsant, antidepressant, antifungal, antihistamine, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antimutagenic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antitoxic, antitumor, cardiotonic, regenerative, and sedative.
- Possible Uses: Lavender is a universal oil that has traditionally been known to balance the body and to work wherever there is a need. If in doubt, use lavender. It may help anxiety, arthritis, asthma, body systems balance, bronchitis, bruises, carbuncles, cold sores, earaches, fainting, gallstones, relieve headaches, heart irregularity, reduce high blood pressure, hives (urticaria), hysteria, insect bites and bee stings, infection, influenza, injuries, repel insects, laryngitis, migraine headaches, mental clarity, mouth abscess, reduce mucus, nervous tension, pineal gland (activates), respiratory function, rheumatism, skin conditions (eczema, psoriasis, rashes), sprains, sunstroke, throat infections, tuberculosis, typhoid fever, and whooping cough.
- French Medicinal Uses: Acne, allergies, burns (cell renewal), cramps (leg), dandruff, diaper rash, flatulence, hair loss, herpes, indigestion, insomnia, lowering blood pressure, lymphatic system drainage, menopausal conditions, mouth abscess, nausea, phlebitis, premenstrual conditions, scarring (minimizes), stretch marks, tachycardia, thrush, water retention.
- Historical Uses: During Medieval times, people were obviously divided on the properties of lavender regarding love. Some would claim that it could keep the wearer chaste, while others claimed just the opposite––touting its aphrodisiac qualities. Its list of uses is long.
- Body System(s) Affected: Cardiovascular System, Emotional Balance, Nervous System, Skin.
- Aromatic Influence: It promotes consciousness, health, love, peace, and a general sense of well-being. It also nurtures creativity.
Check out this video on the distilling process of lavender!
LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL
- Lemon essential oil is great to diffuse for an uplifting aroma scent, and you can clean with it and even polish furniture!
- Place 1-2 drops under the tongue, or drink with a beverage. Take in capsules. Use as a flavoring in cooking.
- Can be applied neat (with no dilution) when used topically. Apply directly on area of concern or to reflex points. Avoid direct sunlight or UV light for up to 12 hours after using on the skin.
- Properties: Anticancer, antidepressant, antiseptic, antifungal, antioxidant, antiviral, astringent, invigorating, refreshing, and tonic.
- Possible Uses: This oil may be beneficial for aging, soothing broken capillaries, dissolving cellulite, clarity of thought, debility, digestive problems, energy, gallstones, hair (cleansing), promoting leukocyte formation, liver deficiencies in children, memory improvement, nails (strengthening and hardening), nerves, nervous conditions, respiratory problems, cleaning children’s skin, sore throats, and promoting a sense of well-being. It works extremely well in removing gum, wood stain, oil, and grease spots. It may also brighten a pale, dull complexion by removing dead skin cells.
- French Medicinal Uses: Air disinfectant, anemia, asthma, cold, fever (reduces), germicide, gout, heartburn, intestinal parasites, red blood cell formation, rheumatism, throat infection, ureter infections, varicose veins, water purification, white blood cell formation.
- Historical Uses: Lemon has been used to fight food poisoning, malaria and typhoid epidemics, and scurvy. (In fact, sources say that Christopher Columbus carried lemon seeds to America—probably just the leftovers from the fruit that was eaten during the trip.) Lemon has also been used to lower blood pressure and to help with liver problems, arthritis, and muscular aches and pains.
- Body System(s) Affected: Digestive, Immune, and Respiratory Systems.
- Aromatic Influence: It promotes health, healing, physical energy, and purification. Its fragrance is invigorating, enhancing, and warming.
PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL
- I like to use peppermint essential oil in my diffuser and inhaling with a drop in the palm of my hands. I will add it to a DIY toothpaste recipe too. It can be used on the spine to reduce fevers as well.
- Place 1–2 drops under the tongue or in a beverage. Take in capsules. Use as a flavoring in cooking.
- Can be applied neat (with no dilution), or dilute 1:1 (1 drop essential oil to 1 drop carrier oil) for children and for those with sensitive skin when using topically. Apply to reflex points and/or directly on area of concern.
- Properties: Analgesic, antibacterial, anticarcinogenic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, and invigorating.
- Possible Uses: This oil may help anger, arthritis, colic, depression, fatigue, food poisoning, hysteria, inflammation, liver problems, nerves (regenerate and support), rheumatism, seizures, elevate and open sensory system, soothe and cool skin (may help keep body cooler on hot days), toothaches, tuberculosis, and add flavor to water.
- French Medicinal Uses: Asthma, bronchitis, candida, diarrhea, digestion (aids), fever (reduces), flu, halitosis, heartburn, hemorrhoids, hot flashes, indigestion, menstrual irregularity, migraine headache, motion sickness, nausea, respiratory function (aids), shock, skin (itchy), throat infection, varicose veins, vomiting.
- Historical Uses: For centuries, peppermint has been used to soothe digestive difficulties, freshen breath, and to relieve colic, gas, headaches, heartburn, and indigestion.
- Body System(s) Affected: Digestive System, Muscles and Bones, Nervous and Respiratory Systems, Skin.
- Aromatic Influence: It is purifying and stimulating to the conscious mind and may aid with memory and mental performance. It is cooling and may help reduce fevers.
Check out some reviews from my happy customers!!
So thankful for Jen introducing essential oils in my life. I purchased the oils and capsules separately and experienced with them. I put 2 drops of lemon, lavender, and peppermint in a capsule when I felt itchy and a few minutes later I felt the itch decrease dramatically. Not only are these oils good for helping the itch go away there are also so many other ways to use these oils. I mix shea butter and lavender oil and rub it on my dry skin. Not only does it leave my skin moisturized it also leaves it smelling good. I use the lemon essential oil in my water when I wake up in the morning on an empty stomach for a little boost of detoxing. And the peppermint I put a couple drops in my pillow to help me sleep at night. Essential oils will change your life and are a big help to getting clear skin!
I am obsessed with the TriEase essential oil mix Jen recommended to me! Recently on a trip, I was having crazy allergic reactions to certain foods and my face with puff up and get crazy inflamed and my lungs would feel like they were closing up. I would take two of the pills and it would disappear within the hour. I can internally feel it cooling me down and now I’m a lifer with this blend!
The TriEase capsule is amazing, they are clear vegan capsules and it works wonders. One day I woke up with my nose running and my face was swollen. So, I took two capsules and put 4 four drops of each essential oils in it. An hour later, my nose stopped running and the swelling went down completely. I felt so much better that I was relaxed that my body cools down and the capsules helps sore muscles as well if you work out heavy. These essentials oils are amazing. I uses lavender oil on my eczema when it starts itching and it helps tremendously. It calms down the itching in 2 seconds and the next few days my eczema has been disappearing. The peppermint oil I put few drops on my pillow to help me sleep better at night. To all the TSW you guys are warriors remember that don’t stop because you don’t see the results right away. Its a process to get to the roots of your skin to have beautiful skin! Thanks Jen!
Jen recommended I get these oils to help with the itching. They work so well at stopping the itch (not to mention the other uses for them)! I was also experiencing a lot of oozing so she also recommended the oregano oil
and it immediately began to work and stop the oozing. I’m so thankful to Jen for recommending good and quality oils They are helping me heal my body naturally! She has also recommended very good supplements
and her support is truly amazing, she really cares and it shows! 🙂
So we’re a little over a week now into the new year! How has it been treating you all?! I for one (probably like most people) was happy to see 2016 go. It’s been a rough year for sure, but I’ve learned a lot and was pushed out of my comfort zone many times, forcing me to grow.
Continue reading “It’s 2017 y’all!!!”