Collard Burritos with Purple Cauliflower Rice
Yea, this recipe came out pretty amazing! So simple to make, colorful and super filling! We eat with our eyes first and this dish is definitely enticing to the eyes. I’ll for sure be making more veggie burritos and wraps in the future with different fillings and different spices. 🙂
- 1 head of purple cauliflower
- collard green leaves
- 1 – 2 cloves of minced garlic (depending on how garlicy you want it)
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup of chopped red, orange & yellow mini sweet peppers
- handful of chopped cilantro
- 1/2 to 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp of dried oregano
- dash of chili powder
- dash of cayenne powder
- tiiiiiny dash of Pink Himalayan salt (or go salt free!)
- juice of 3-4 limes
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
click to enlarge
*Feel free to add other spices to this recipe, more lime if you want it to be a wetter more citrus consistency, or more tahini if you want it creamier. It’s up to you! I like to just improv when I cook and test out what I like 🙂
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and put in a high speed blender or food processor. Pulse the cauliflower until it becomes rice or couscous consistency.
- Chop up your garlic, red onion, peppers and cilantro and mix in a large bowl with the cauliflower.
- Mix everything together for the dressing and pour over all of the cauliflower rice mix. Stir well incorporating it all & set aside.
- Shave down the stalks on the collard leaves with a paring knife, this makes it a lot easier to roll.
- I like to blanch them to make them more pliable for rolling into burritos, you can of course just make them completely raw if you like with no blanching at all.
- Blanch the collard leaves one at a time in warm water for literally 5-10 seconds. It doesn’t take long at all for them to wilt slightly. You want them to still be bright green.
- Drop the blanched collard leaf into a bowl of ice water to shock it and stop the cooking process. Take the leaf out and pat dry with a towel, set aside for wrapping. These collard leves can be placed in a container and saved in the fridge for a few days for more burritos in the week.
- To wrap, spread out the collard leaf put a few slices of avocado and a few spoonfuls of the cauliflower rice. Wrap like a burrito folding the sides over, then rolling from the bottom up.
- Slice in half and enjoy!!
2 thoughts on “Recipes! – Collard Burritos with Purple Cauliflower Rice!”