Ever had Honey Kiss melon?? 😋 It’s nice and sweet with a refreshing crisp crunch! I love to eat melon as my first meal of the day because it’s super hydrating and one of the easiest digestible foods! We have to gently wake up our digestive systems in the morning because we’ve been fasting all night (that’s why it’s called break-fast to break the fast). I like to drink 16-32 oz of water, then have my warm lemon or lime turmeric tea then eat some fresh fruit like melon. I got this at my nearest Wal-Mart actually for $1.98, super cheap refreshing breakfast., great for hydrating the skin 👍 you can subscribe to my Instagram page @ eczema.holistic.healing ☺️
I got inspired after the live coaching session that Abby & I held the other night for a group of eczema sufferers to get back on that celery juice routine! Abby reminded me about the benefits of drinking it and I started to remember how much I liked doing it every AM and how good my skin felt! I highly recommend adding this to your diet, I’m going to be more consistent with it from now on. Make sure you use organic celery, and if you don’t have a juicer like myself just use a blender (I use a Vitamix) with some cold water and strain! Super easy and healing for the body, inside and out! This is a Medical Medium practice, make sure to check out his site! http://www.medicalmedium.com/blog/celery-juice
Here’s info about all the benefits of drinking this juice:
- Fresh celery juice is one of the most powerful and healing juices one can drink. Just 16 oz of fresh celery juice every morning on an empty stomach can transform your health and digestion in as little as one week.
- Celery juice also has significant anti-inflammatory properties making it highly beneficial for those who suffer from autoimmune conditions such as Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraines, Vertigo, IBS, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriasis, Eczema, Acne, Lupus, Guillain-Barre, Sarcoidosis, Raynaud’s, Meniere’s, GERD, Bursitis, Restless Leg Syndrome, and Gout.
- Celery juice is also strongly alkaline and helps to prevent and counteract acid reflux, acidosis, high blood pressure, joint pain, ringing in ears, tingles & numbness, hot flashes, blurry eyes, headaches, heart palpitations, edema, heartburn, fatigue, dizziness, muscle cramps, sleep issues, constipation, and bloating. It also helps to purify the bloodstream, aid in digestion, relax the nerves, reduce blood pressure, and clear up skin problems. Celery contains compounds called coumarins which are known to enhance the activity of certain white blood cells and support the vascular system.
- Celery juice is rich in organic sodium content and has the ability to dislodge calcium deposits from the joints and hold them in solution until they can be eliminated safely from the kidneys. It is also an effective natural diuretic and has ample ability to flush toxins out of the body which makes it excellent to use on any weight loss program.
I just use a high speed blender, take 1 bunch of celery (washed and cut in half), blend up for about a minute (my Vitamix is super fast and if you blend too long it can heat up which will start to break down the enzymes in raw food). Then I strain through a sive and press down with a spoon. I always end up with about 16-20 oz of juice. Enjoy!
You can also use a juicer, just press the freshly washed celery through the juicer and enjoy!
*Make sure to drink once you juice or blend it, you don’t want to really let it sit, but if you do want to store it put it in an airtight glass container like a mason jar.
*Another great tip is to make a chewing motion as you’re drinking it. Whenever you are drinking a blended fruit or veggie juice you want to do this as it signals to the digestive tract that food is coming and to prepare to digest. It also stimulates the enzymes in the mouth to help break down the drink.
This is seriously the most effective remedy that I’ve done for that awful eczema ooze, HANDS DOWN! I so wish I had found out about it in my early incredibly awful stages of topical steroid withdrawal where I had open wounds and ooze literally dripping down my legs and feet as well as a light covering over my cheeks, sometimes coming out of my ears, light coverings on my legs and stomach. As time went on the ooze pretty much stayed from my legs down with the occasional face ooze.
Before TSW I never experienced the ooze as intense before. It would seem to happen in my scalp sometimes, and on my face and ears if I had been drinking a lot of alcohol the night before. When I started to experience it during TSW it was for me the absolute worst symptom in the whole process. I would stick to my sheets at night and the awful smell that it produced would make me feel so sick. When my skin oozes, I tend to leave it be to do it’s thing, dry up on it’s own, crust and fall off. I’ve found that applying anything to it like coconut oil and turmeric (which is an effective remedy on dry skin and cuts) or even washing it just made it ooze more.
This is what itsan.org defines as the ooze (this was from their Q & A section).Ooze/ Serous Exudate – A fluid the skin produces during Topical Steroid Withdrawal with a high content of protein and cellular debris which has escaped from blood vessels and has been deposited in tissues or on tissue surfaces, usually as a result of inflammation.
Q: What is the liquid that oozes out of my body?
A: This liquid is called serous exudate. Most going through Topical Steroid Withdrawal just call it ooze. It is thought to be the “interstitial” fluid that is pushed out when blood vessels are dilated. It may cover your skin in a thin, sticky layer or you may see small blisters form and collect this fluid.
The first time I tried this remedy was when I came down to stay with my mother in Florida. She is all about using essential oils for all kinds of illnesses and suggested that I take it in a capsule form. I did 3 drops, diluted with fractionated coconut oil in a veggie cap and took them every 5 hours (you should only take up to 24 drops of EO’s a day). This remedy is powerful and shouldn’t be done more than 10-14 days (take a week off and if needed do another 10-14 days). Within the next day I noticed the ooze drying up and by the second or third day it was totally done. I was pretty amazed at the progress! That was truly the last time I experienced terrible oozing and from then on whenever I’d flare it would be minor oozing and I’d do the oregano oil capsule and only really need to do it for a few days! Sometimes I would add frankincense essential oil for extra anti inflammatory properties. If I was also in pain with aching, tingling, never pain, etc I would add marjoram, lemongrass and frankincense essential oils. This remedy is known as the “morphine bomb” and is very effective at reliving the pain. I would even apply these oils to the soles of my feet when my the tops of my feet had that intense throbbing, aching, burning pain and within 10 minutes the pain subsides! I highly recommend taking oregano oil internally to combat the ooze symptoms of eczema, along with a healthy cleansing diet, hydrating a lot throughout the day (drinking half your weight in oz of water daily) and plenty of rest. You can also implement deep cleansing methods like fasting, enemas and colonics.
If you are interested in getting the veggie capsules and any of the oils that I mentioned, a diffuser and more, you can purchase them from my store site and help support my small family business! 🙂 DoTerra’s oils are highly regarded for it’s purity & quality as they are food grade (only take EO’s internally if they are food grade and have the “supplemental facts” info on the bottle and come from a trusted source) and they are never ever diluted with zero fillers or preservatives. Not all oils are created equal as some brands will dilute the oil and not use the first distilation process. DoTerra oils always use the first distilation process, meaning it’s of the highest grade and potency. Essential oils are concentrated plant based medicine, as it can take as many as 1000 pounds of the plant to produce just 1 pound of oil! You can see all of the awesome processing and sustainable sourcing of these fair trade oils here: SourceToYou To purchase you can click HERE (click on the “shop” tab) and if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out by commenting below or emailing me at email@example.com! This company ships to many countries and has two warehouses in Europe as well, so if shipping is a concern don’t worry, you won’t have to wait weeks to receive it from the USA. Just reach out to me for more shipping questions. Also check out my natural antihistamine remedy blog post HERE. Click “continue reading” below for more info about the amazing properties and benefits of oregano oil…
Click HERE for more info and how to sign up!!!
Make sure to add this film to your Netflix queue! The illnesses that plague us today do not have to be a death sentence, we can prevent and even REVERSE disease with a simple change in the way we eat. We don’t have to be a slave to medicine when we can let the food be our medicine. I think we all need to be aware how the gov, FDA and big pharma are all tangled up with their own agenda to keep us sick, we can choose to live consciously, ensure life long health, help the environment, animals and our communities with our forks! Please take the time to watch this documentary and make sure to share with others!
More plant based blog posts HERE
HEALTH IS WEALTH!
Intense eczema itch?! Allergies attacking?! 😱 Try out this super effective natural anti-histamine remedy, essential oils! TriEase® Softgels were developed to protect against seasonal and environmental elements and to promote a healthy respiratory system when needed most. Each softgel contains equal parts of Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint essential oils, known for their ability to maintain clear breathing and a healthy immune response when combined together. I used to be a sneezy, itchy, watery eyed mess, but since adopting a whole foods plant based diet my allergies have become less intense with each season. I used to pop OTC anti-histamines like candy, but I’ve gone to more natural remedies and have found these to work great without the side effects that conventional anti-histamines have! I will also diffuse these 3 essential oils which allows me to breathe in the oils and get all of their medicinal benefits! Some of my customers like to purchase the oils that make up the TriEase capsules (lavender, lemon, peppermint) separately and a bottle of veggie capsules which allows them to make the allergy capsule themselves (2 drops of each oil diluted with a carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil). Buying them separately also allows the customer to use the oils for different remedies. For children it is best to diffuse these oils and you can also apply them to the soles of the feet diluted with a carrier oil like coconut, jojoba, olive etc.
If you would like to purchase these products you can do so by clicking HERE. Just click on the “shop” tab and you’re on your way! By purchasing from me you help to support my small family business! You can also see more information about these high quality, therapeutic food grade oils and how they ethically source them at this website: http://www.sourcetoyou.com This company ships to many countries and has two warehouses in Europe as well, so if shipping is a concern don’t worry, you won’t have to wait weeks to receive it from the USA. Just reach out to me for more shipping questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org .
LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL
- I like to use lavender essential oil in my DIY lotions and creams, apply to my scalp with tea tree oil for anti itch/anti dandruff properties, and diffuse and inhale with a drop in my palms for a calming effect.
- Place 1-2 drops under the tongue, or take in capsules. Can also be used in beverages or as a flavoring in cooking.
- Can be applied neat (with no dilution) when used topically. Apply to reflex points and directly on area of concern.
- Properties: Analgesic, anticoagulant, anticonvulsant, antidepressant, antifungal, antihistamine, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antimutagenic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antitoxic, antitumor, cardiotonic, regenerative, and sedative.
- Possible Uses: Lavender is a universal oil that has traditionally been known to balance the body and to work wherever there is a need. If in doubt, use lavender. It may help anxiety, arthritis, asthma, body systems balance, bronchitis, bruises, carbuncles, cold sores, earaches, fainting, gallstones, relieve headaches, heart irregularity, reduce high blood pressure, hives (urticaria), hysteria, insect bites and bee stings, infection, influenza, injuries, repel insects, laryngitis, migraine headaches, mental clarity, mouth abscess, reduce mucus, nervous tension, pineal gland (activates), respiratory function, rheumatism, skin conditions (eczema, psoriasis, rashes), sprains, sunstroke, throat infections, tuberculosis, typhoid fever, and whooping cough.
- French Medicinal Uses: Acne, allergies, burns (cell renewal), cramps (leg), dandruff, diaper rash, flatulence, hair loss, herpes, indigestion, insomnia, lowering blood pressure, lymphatic system drainage, menopausal conditions, mouth abscess, nausea, phlebitis, premenstrual conditions, scarring (minimizes), stretch marks, tachycardia, thrush, water retention.
- Historical Uses: During Medieval times, people were obviously divided on the properties of lavender regarding love. Some would claim that it could keep the wearer chaste, while others claimed just the opposite––touting its aphrodisiac qualities. Its list of uses is long.
- Body System(s) Affected: Cardiovascular System, Emotional Balance, Nervous System, Skin.
- Aromatic Influence: It promotes consciousness, health, love, peace, and a general sense of well-being. It also nurtures creativity.
Check out this video on the distilling process of lavender!
LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL
- Lemon essential oil is great to diffuse for an uplifting aroma scent, and you can clean with it and even polish furniture!
- Place 1-2 drops under the tongue, or drink with a beverage. Take in capsules. Use as a flavoring in cooking.
- Can be applied neat (with no dilution) when used topically. Apply directly on area of concern or to reflex points. Avoid direct sunlight or UV light for up to 12 hours after using on the skin.
- Properties: Anticancer, antidepressant, antiseptic, antifungal, antioxidant, antiviral, astringent, invigorating, refreshing, and tonic.
- Possible Uses: This oil may be beneficial for aging, soothing broken capillaries, dissolving cellulite, clarity of thought, debility, digestive problems, energy, gallstones, hair (cleansing), promoting leukocyte formation, liver deficiencies in children, memory improvement, nails (strengthening and hardening), nerves, nervous conditions, respiratory problems, cleaning children’s skin, sore throats, and promoting a sense of well-being. It works extremely well in removing gum, wood stain, oil, and grease spots. It may also brighten a pale, dull complexion by removing dead skin cells.
- French Medicinal Uses: Air disinfectant, anemia, asthma, cold, fever (reduces), germicide, gout, heartburn, intestinal parasites, red blood cell formation, rheumatism, throat infection, ureter infections, varicose veins, water purification, white blood cell formation.
- Historical Uses: Lemon has been used to fight food poisoning, malaria and typhoid epidemics, and scurvy. (In fact, sources say that Christopher Columbus carried lemon seeds to America—probably just the leftovers from the fruit that was eaten during the trip.) Lemon has also been used to lower blood pressure and to help with liver problems, arthritis, and muscular aches and pains.
- Body System(s) Affected: Digestive, Immune, and Respiratory Systems.
- Aromatic Influence: It promotes health, healing, physical energy, and purification. Its fragrance is invigorating, enhancing, and warming.
PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL
- I like to use peppermint essential oil in my diffuser and inhaling with a drop in the palm of my hands. I will add it to a DIY toothpaste recipe too. It can be used on the spine to reduce fevers as well.
- Place 1–2 drops under the tongue or in a beverage. Take in capsules. Use as a flavoring in cooking.
- Can be applied neat (with no dilution), or dilute 1:1 (1 drop essential oil to 1 drop carrier oil) for children and for those with sensitive skin when using topically. Apply to reflex points and/or directly on area of concern.
- Properties: Analgesic, antibacterial, anticarcinogenic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, and invigorating.
- Possible Uses: This oil may help anger, arthritis, colic, depression, fatigue, food poisoning, hysteria, inflammation, liver problems, nerves (regenerate and support), rheumatism, seizures, elevate and open sensory system, soothe and cool skin (may help keep body cooler on hot days), toothaches, tuberculosis, and add flavor to water.
- French Medicinal Uses: Asthma, bronchitis, candida, diarrhea, digestion (aids), fever (reduces), flu, halitosis, heartburn, hemorrhoids, hot flashes, indigestion, menstrual irregularity, migraine headache, motion sickness, nausea, respiratory function (aids), shock, skin (itchy), throat infection, varicose veins, vomiting.
- Historical Uses: For centuries, peppermint has been used to soothe digestive difficulties, freshen breath, and to relieve colic, gas, headaches, heartburn, and indigestion.
- Body System(s) Affected: Digestive System, Muscles and Bones, Nervous and Respiratory Systems, Skin.
- Aromatic Influence: It is purifying and stimulating to the conscious mind and may aid with memory and mental performance. It is cooling and may help reduce fevers.
Check out some reviews from my happy customers!!
So thankful for Jen introducing essential oils in my life. I purchased the oils and capsules separately and experienced with them. I put 2 drops of lemon, lavender, and peppermint in a capsule when I felt itchy and a few minutes later I felt the itch decrease dramatically. Not only are these oils good for helping the itch go away there are also so many other ways to use these oils. I mix shea butter and lavender oil and rub it on my dry skin. Not only does it leave my skin moisturized it also leaves it smelling good. I use the lemon essential oil in my water when I wake up in the morning on an empty stomach for a little boost of detoxing. And the peppermint I put a couple drops in my pillow to help me sleep at night. Essential oils will change your life and are a big help to getting clear skin!
I am obsessed with the TriEase essential oil mix Jen recommended to me! Recently on a trip, I was having crazy allergic reactions to certain foods and my face with puff up and get crazy inflamed and my lungs would feel like they were closing up. I would take two of the pills and it would disappear within the hour. I can internally feel it cooling me down and now I’m a lifer with this blend!
The TriEase capsule is amazing, they are clear vegan capsules and it works wonders. One day I woke up with my nose running and my face was swollen. So, I took two capsules and put 4 four drops of each essential oils in it. An hour later, my nose stopped running and the swelling went down completely. I felt so much better that I was relaxed that my body cools down and the capsules helps sore muscles as well if you work out heavy. These essentials oils are amazing. I uses lavender oil on my eczema when it starts itching and it helps tremendously. It calms down the itching in 2 seconds and the next few days my eczema has been disappearing. The peppermint oil I put few drops on my pillow to help me sleep better at night. To all the TSW you guys are warriors remember that don’t stop because you don’t see the results right away. Its a process to get to the roots of your skin to have beautiful skin! Thanks Jen!-Sheniqua
Well because it’s not only super sweet, refreshing and delish, but super hydrating as it’s about 92% water! It is also soaked with nutrients! Did you know that each juicy bite has significant levels of vitamins A, B6 and C, lots of lycopene, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties and amino acids?? There’s even a modest amount of potassium! You can even eat the rind as it has health-promoting and blood-building chlorophyll, but the rind actually contains more of the amino acid citrulline than the pink flesh. Black watermelon seeds are edible and actually quite healthy as well because they contain iron, zinc, protein, and fiber. (In case you were wondering, seedless watermelons aren’t genetically modified, as they’re the result of hybridization.) I have watermelon for breakfast after I’ve had some water first thing upon waking and my warm turmeric tea. Watermelon is the easiest food to digest, and we need to ease the body into digestion upon waking because it has been fasting for 8 hours. This hydrating fruit is like bathing our organs first thing and giving it great fiber as well to get things moving along. It’s packed with electrolytes too, so perfect to enjoy after a workout! I like to also blend it with a nice 2″x 2″ square of fresh aloe gel and a squeeze of half a lime for a refreshing juice! Get some watermelons in your life!!! Your skin will feel more hydrated, your digestion will work better and you’ll be supplying your body with awesome nutrients! 🍉🍉🍉