So we’re a little over a week now into the new year! How has it been treating you all?! I for one (probably like most people) was happy to see 2016 go. It’s been a rough year for sure, but I’ve learned a lot and was pushed out of my comfort zone many times, forcing me to grow.
Here it is finally, my summer 2016 healing update! I guess being that today is the first day of fall, it’s better that I get it in today, better now than never! It’s been a little while since I’ve given an update with pictures and such, so here it is!
🍉🍉🍉Try out this super hydrating, refreshing drink!🍉🍉🍉
Fill up your blender with…
- fresh watermelon
- add a handful of fresh mint (Great herb for the digestion)
- the juice from 1 lime (balances the ph in the body with its high alkaline ash residue)
- and about a 2×2″ or 3×3″ square of fresh aloe (soaking it in water for like 20 min or so takes down the bitterness)***
- add a few cubes of ice…
Blend and enjoy! 😋😋😋
***Aloe is great for the skin, it helps support the immune system and helps to regulate your digestion! It also has antioxidant and antibacterial properties!
This pic was from day two of “watermelon island”. It’s basically when you do a mono meal of a fruit for an extended amount of days (a fruit fast), I did two days on “watermelon island”…watermelon goodness allll day long! It’s a great way to cleanse the body because fruits are super hydrating, and very easy on the digestion. They clean out the system because of its water content and fiber. You can do a banana (“banana island”) fast, grape fast etc. Fasting with easily digestible fruit like watermelon (digests in like 30 min or less) allows your body to only use a little bit of energy on digesting and the rest on healing the body! Just doing the 2 days alone gave me more hydrated, less itchy and red skin! For even deeper cleansing I could’ve gone 3-5 days or even a week or more! Check out this Dr.Morse video on Fasting with Fruit! Also check out the ebook The Fruit Cure by http://www.DeHappy5.com on healing eczema with a raw food diet!
October was thankfully a pretty great month for me! It had been a full month since I had been in Florida and my body had finally acclimated to my new environment. It took me a minute for my body to calm down from the stress that I was experiencing from the month before. Upon coming to Florida from New York, I was packing, getting my things together trying to not stress out on the day to day chores and such and my skin was already in a state, so of course it just started to get worse. When I got to Florida on the first of September, I was going through crazy insomnia, on and off oozing, chills and feverish symptoms. It wasn’t until the end of September that I started to feel a lot better. My sleep slowly started to improve, the skin that I was shedding (MASSIVE amounts at that) was becoming less and less and my oozing was calming down. I was experiencing oozing on my legs so badly that I was sticking to my sheets 😦
This month is a milestone for me, 3 years free from the chains of topical steroid addiction!
I’m not sure exactly what day I started giving up the medications and enduring the withdrawal process, but it was definitely sometime in March of 2012 (I have 26 years steroid use, topical and injections plus chemo in 08′ for Hodgkin’s Lymphoma). When I first started, I had no desire to document, I didn’t want to even see myself in the mirror much less have actual photos of the hell I was experiencing. In the end I’m glad that I started taking photos, doing hard core research on detoxification/holistic healing, and putting my findings on this site :).
At my current state I’m doing REALLY well!!!
- Only areas still working on restoring are my feet.
- No oozing on my feet (the oozing on the rest of my body ended a LONG time ago).
- My sleep can still be random. It’s not that my feet are insanely itchy, it’s more so that I’m just always thinking!! Mainly about cool things to do on this site lol. Most nights I fall right to sleep for a few hrs then I’m awake for a few, (slightly itchy sometimes) then back again to sleep. I do find relief when I drink my golden turmeric milk or if I take some extra proteolytic enzymes. These remedies help to take down the inflammation and itching when I go to bed. It would be amazing to sleep through the night with no interruptions. Soon enough though, soon enough 😉
- The huge flaking I was having on my feet are down to light, thin flakes and minimal at that! The redness and inflammation is down significantly as well! I can stand for longer periods of time without any swelling or pain!
- The blistered sore on the bottom of my left foot is healing nicely, due to this great antioxidant micro algae lotion I’ve been using, not only on the blister but all over my feet. I have two clients whom I’ve been coaching who have been using the lotion and finding awesome relief in it as well!… A blog post on that soon to come 🙂
- As long as this wonderful healing keeps up, I have no doubt that by the end of the month (hopefully even sooner) I’ll be out and about, without pain from wearing socks and shoes! Whooo hooooo!
Things that I’ve been doing that have been helping my healing along…
- REBOUNDING – Since my feet have been getting better and better, I’ve made it up to bouncing for 20 minutes on my rebounder! I just turn on some great dance music, and jump away! I’ve even been able to work up a good sweat which is great for getting some of those toxins out. Doing this fun exercise will stimulate the lymph system and get the blood circulation going which is very important to promote healing.
- MICRO ALGAE LOTION – The antioxidant lotion that I mentioned above has been a game changer! It goes on silky smooth and instantly locks in the moisture. It doesn’t leave me itchy once I put it on like how coconut oil sometimes does… it’s actually very soothing and cooling. It has even been minimizing the thickness on my feet, and I know that will take a while to smooth out. This lotion is also known to help with the discolouration, so I’ll be looking forward to continually use it to help that along. Here are just some of the healing ingredients in this lotion: Organic Micro algae, organic aloe vera water, organic virgin coconut oil, jojoba oil, Beta Glucan, neem oil, rosemary oil & lemon peel oil. If you are interested in this lotion, and want to know more, just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org !
- KEEPING UP WITH PLANT BASED DIET & WHOLE FOOD SUPPLEMENTS – I’ve been eating vegan for months now, about since October and I know this is the diet for me. I have so much more energy when I get my nourishing fruit smoothies in every morning and my nutient dense green “dranks” at night! Like I mentioned above, the golden turmeric milk has been awesome at bringing down the inflammation in my skin, and has been a great natural sleep aid. I love coming up with new recipes and have been learning so much about food and how it can be healing for the body, there’s no way I’ll be going back to the SAD diet (Standard American Diet). The supplements I’ve been taking have kept my digestion working at an optimal level, and have been so nourishing at promoting healing for my body.
click to enlarge
It’s been a long journey with many ups and downs. Months of being homebound at times, and months of living a pretty normal life. It can only get better and better from here on out! I’m so thankful for this whole experience because it has opened my eyes up to so much and has shown me that my body is capable at transforming itself and that healing from this awful disease is possible! Thanks for reading and allowing me to share this milestone with you all!
Stay strong eczema warriors! Restoration is on the horizon, just make sure you’re listening to your body and giving it all the wonderful things it needs to heal ❤