I would like to share with you all a new series I will be doing on this website. It’s going to be featuring testimonials of eczema warriors who have battled through the healing process and are doing so great with their skin and overall health! This series is a celebration of their hard work and dedication to their healing journey. Each testimonial will share photos, their detailed healing experience, info about their vegan journey and encouragement for those out there still suffering. With each journey, I want to empasize how important nutrition is in this process. If you aren’t a stranger to my blog, you will know that it is something I’m super passionate about stressing as a huge component to healing. I hope you guys enjoy all of the testimonials to come! Starting off the series is a friend that I met through the facebook topical steroid withdrawal support group. Her name is Hannah, and she is an amazing, kind soul. I was so inspired by her story of strength and faith in God to get her through this process, I just had to ask her to share her story on my site! I hope you all can find encouragement through her struggle and be inspired by the way that she has taken control of her health!
Intense eczema itch?! Allergies attacking?! 😱 Try out this super effective natural anti-histamine remedy, essential oils! TriEase® Softgels were developed to protect against seasonal and environmental elements and to promote a healthy respiratory system when needed most. Each softgel contains equal parts of Lemon, Lavender, and Peppermint essential oils, known for their ability to maintain clear breathing and a healthy immune response when combined together. I used to be a sneezy, itchy, watery eyed mess, but since adopting a whole foods plant based diet my allergies have become less intense with each season. I used to pop OTC anti-histamines like candy, but I’ve gone to more natural remedies and have found these to work great without the side effects that conventional anti-histamines have! I will also diffuse these 3 essential oils which allows me to breathe in the oils and get all of their medicinal benefits! Some of my customers like to purchase the oils that make up the TriEase capsules (lavender, lemon, peppermint) separately and a bottle of veggie capsules which allows them to make the allergy capsule themselves (2 drops of each oil diluted with a carrier oil like fractionated coconut oil). Buying them separately also allows the customer to use the oils for different remedies. For children it is best to diffuse these oils and you can also apply them to the soles of the feet diluted with a carrier oil like coconut, jojoba, olive etc.
If you would like to purchase these products you can do so by clicking HERE. Just click on the “shop” tab and you’re on your way! By purchasing from me you help to support my small family business! You can also see more information about these high quality, therapeutic food grade oils and how they ethically source them at this website: http://www.sourcetoyou.com This company ships to many countries and has two warehouses in Europe as well, so if shipping is a concern don’t worry, you won’t have to wait weeks to receive it from the USA. Just reach out to me for more shipping questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org .
LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL
- I like to use lavender essential oil in my DIY lotions and creams, apply to my scalp with tea tree oil for anti itch/anti dandruff properties, and diffuse and inhale with a drop in my palms for a calming effect.
- Place 1-2 drops under the tongue, or take in capsules. Can also be used in beverages or as a flavoring in cooking.
- Can be applied neat (with no dilution) when used topically. Apply to reflex points and directly on area of concern.
- Properties: Analgesic, anticoagulant, anticonvulsant, antidepressant, antifungal, antihistamine, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antimutagenic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antitoxic, antitumor, cardiotonic, regenerative, and sedative.
- Possible Uses: Lavender is a universal oil that has traditionally been known to balance the body and to work wherever there is a need. If in doubt, use lavender. It may help anxiety, arthritis, asthma, body systems balance, bronchitis, bruises, carbuncles, cold sores, earaches, fainting, gallstones, relieve headaches, heart irregularity, reduce high blood pressure, hives (urticaria), hysteria, insect bites and bee stings, infection, influenza, injuries, repel insects, laryngitis, migraine headaches, mental clarity, mouth abscess, reduce mucus, nervous tension, pineal gland (activates), respiratory function, rheumatism, skin conditions (eczema, psoriasis, rashes), sprains, sunstroke, throat infections, tuberculosis, typhoid fever, and whooping cough.
- French Medicinal Uses: Acne, allergies, burns (cell renewal), cramps (leg), dandruff, diaper rash, flatulence, hair loss, herpes, indigestion, insomnia, lowering blood pressure, lymphatic system drainage, menopausal conditions, mouth abscess, nausea, phlebitis, premenstrual conditions, scarring (minimizes), stretch marks, tachycardia, thrush, water retention.
- Historical Uses: During Medieval times, people were obviously divided on the properties of lavender regarding love. Some would claim that it could keep the wearer chaste, while others claimed just the opposite––touting its aphrodisiac qualities. Its list of uses is long.
- Body System(s) Affected: Cardiovascular System, Emotional Balance, Nervous System, Skin.
- Aromatic Influence: It promotes consciousness, health, love, peace, and a general sense of well-being. It also nurtures creativity.
Check out this video on the distilling process of lavender!
LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL
- Lemon essential oil is great to diffuse for an uplifting aroma scent, and you can clean with it and even polish furniture!
- Place 1-2 drops under the tongue, or drink with a beverage. Take in capsules. Use as a flavoring in cooking.
- Can be applied neat (with no dilution) when used topically. Apply directly on area of concern or to reflex points. Avoid direct sunlight or UV light for up to 12 hours after using on the skin.
- Properties: Anticancer, antidepressant, antiseptic, antifungal, antioxidant, antiviral, astringent, invigorating, refreshing, and tonic.
- Possible Uses: This oil may be beneficial for aging, soothing broken capillaries, dissolving cellulite, clarity of thought, debility, digestive problems, energy, gallstones, hair (cleansing), promoting leukocyte formation, liver deficiencies in children, memory improvement, nails (strengthening and hardening), nerves, nervous conditions, respiratory problems, cleaning children’s skin, sore throats, and promoting a sense of well-being. It works extremely well in removing gum, wood stain, oil, and grease spots. It may also brighten a pale, dull complexion by removing dead skin cells.
- French Medicinal Uses: Air disinfectant, anemia, asthma, cold, fever (reduces), germicide, gout, heartburn, intestinal parasites, red blood cell formation, rheumatism, throat infection, ureter infections, varicose veins, water purification, white blood cell formation.
- Historical Uses: Lemon has been used to fight food poisoning, malaria and typhoid epidemics, and scurvy. (In fact, sources say that Christopher Columbus carried lemon seeds to America—probably just the leftovers from the fruit that was eaten during the trip.) Lemon has also been used to lower blood pressure and to help with liver problems, arthritis, and muscular aches and pains.
- Body System(s) Affected: Digestive, Immune, and Respiratory Systems.
- Aromatic Influence: It promotes health, healing, physical energy, and purification. Its fragrance is invigorating, enhancing, and warming.
PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL
- I like to use peppermint essential oil in my diffuser and inhaling with a drop in the palm of my hands. I will add it to a DIY toothpaste recipe too. It can be used on the spine to reduce fevers as well.
- Place 1–2 drops under the tongue or in a beverage. Take in capsules. Use as a flavoring in cooking.
- Can be applied neat (with no dilution), or dilute 1:1 (1 drop essential oil to 1 drop carrier oil) for children and for those with sensitive skin when using topically. Apply to reflex points and/or directly on area of concern.
- Properties: Analgesic, antibacterial, anticarcinogenic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, and invigorating.
- Possible Uses: This oil may help anger, arthritis, colic, depression, fatigue, food poisoning, hysteria, inflammation, liver problems, nerves (regenerate and support), rheumatism, seizures, elevate and open sensory system, soothe and cool skin (may help keep body cooler on hot days), toothaches, tuberculosis, and add flavor to water.
- French Medicinal Uses: Asthma, bronchitis, candida, diarrhea, digestion (aids), fever (reduces), flu, halitosis, heartburn, hemorrhoids, hot flashes, indigestion, menstrual irregularity, migraine headache, motion sickness, nausea, respiratory function (aids), shock, skin (itchy), throat infection, varicose veins, vomiting.
- Historical Uses: For centuries, peppermint has been used to soothe digestive difficulties, freshen breath, and to relieve colic, gas, headaches, heartburn, and indigestion.
- Body System(s) Affected: Digestive System, Muscles and Bones, Nervous and Respiratory Systems, Skin.
- Aromatic Influence: It is purifying and stimulating to the conscious mind and may aid with memory and mental performance. It is cooling and may help reduce fevers.
Check out some reviews from my happy customers!!
So thankful for Jen introducing essential oils in my life. I purchased the oils and capsules separately and experienced with them. I put 2 drops of lemon, lavender, and peppermint in a capsule when I felt itchy and a few minutes later I felt the itch decrease dramatically. Not only are these oils good for helping the itch go away there are also so many other ways to use these oils. I mix shea butter and lavender oil and rub it on my dry skin. Not only does it leave my skin moisturized it also leaves it smelling good. I use the lemon essential oil in my water when I wake up in the morning on an empty stomach for a little boost of detoxing. And the peppermint I put a couple drops in my pillow to help me sleep at night. Essential oils will change your life and are a big help to getting clear skin!
I am obsessed with the TriEase essential oil mix Jen recommended to me! Recently on a trip, I was having crazy allergic reactions to certain foods and my face with puff up and get crazy inflamed and my lungs would feel like they were closing up. I would take two of the pills and it would disappear within the hour. I can internally feel it cooling me down and now I’m a lifer with this blend!
The TriEase capsule is amazing, they are clear vegan capsules and it works wonders. One day I woke up with my nose running and my face was swollen. So, I took two capsules and put 4 four drops of each essential oils in it. An hour later, my nose stopped running and the swelling went down completely. I felt so much better that I was relaxed that my body cools down and the capsules helps sore muscles as well if you work out heavy. These essentials oils are amazing. I uses lavender oil on my eczema when it starts itching and it helps tremendously. It calms down the itching in 2 seconds and the next few days my eczema has been disappearing. The peppermint oil I put few drops on my pillow to help me sleep better at night. To all the TSW you guys are warriors remember that don’t stop because you don’t see the results right away. Its a process to get to the roots of your skin to have beautiful skin! Thanks Jen!-SheniquaJen recommended I get these oils to help with the itching. They work so well at stopping the itch (not to mention the other uses for them)! I was also experiencing a lot of oozing so she also recommended the oregano oil and it immediately began to work and stop the oozing. I’m so thankful to Jen for recommending good and quality oils They are helping me heal my body naturally! She has also recommended very good supplements and her support is truly amazing, she really cares and it shows! 🙂-Tenesha
I just wanted to share with you all this interview that I did for http://www.preventabledoc.com . Briana Banos is a fellow TSW warrior and the creator of this website which promotes a documentary that she is working on that is meant to bring awareness to topical steroids, topical steroid addiction and withdrawal and how we need reform with these meds. Make sure to check out the other Red Skin Renegades that she has interviewed to understand their journey through this process. She needs all of the support that she can get to fund this documentary, please take a look at that ways that you can help, every dollar counts and is a step closer to her goal! 🙂
Here is my interview HERE
Make sure to follow her endeavors on….
- Instagram: Preventable_doc
- Twitter: @Preventable_doc
- Facebook: facebook.com/preventabledoc
- How to support the documentary: Donate
- Write to Ellen and get Briana on her show! Just send her the YouTube link below, some info about yourself and how you’ve been effected by topical steroids. Click HERE to write to Ellen.
Don’t be so Hard on Yourself -PREVENTABLE Music Video!
Check out this super informative lecture my health coach Donia did called Health through Nutrition. She’s a pretty amazing woman, and she’s the one who inspired me to take control of my health and heal my eczema naturally once and for all. Just her sharing her healing story on her site, gave me the courage to begin this blog many years ago and document my journey for you all to see. I’ve learned a lot from her, and because of it, I can share my info with all of you across the world! If you are interested in the products that she is talking about in the lecture, feel free to shoot me an email at email@example.com and I can provide you with more info as well as my store site 🙂
Take care & God bless!
In his article, “Skin Health, Eczema, and Preventative Strategies”, James Barker, N.D. sums up the importance of protecting the GI integrity for eczema patients by saying: “If the eyes and the skin are the portal through which we may observe the body’s internal health, the gut then is the door through which a majority of disease initiates its entrance into the body… It goes without saying that… the first area of treatment then for the patient displaying eczema should be the gastrointestinal lining, without a doubt” (p. 58).
Having an optimally functioning gut is key to healing one’s eczema as well as countless other diseases. We must heal from the inside out, and the integrity of the gut is the first line of defense in repairing the skin of eczema. The gut holds 80% of the body’s immunity! When the detoxification systems aren’t eliminating properly (gut, kidneys, liver) then the toxic waste needs to go somewhere, and the skin is the organ it decides to eliminate on. Putting the focus on healing internally with diet, and probiotic rich foods and supplements will put the body back in balance and add good bacteria into the body.
The best foods to put into the body to repopulate the good gut bacteria are plant based foods. These foods are highly alkaline, fiber rich and come with an array of various vitamins, minerals and nutrients. Drinking celery juice first thing in the morning is another great gut healing remedy one can do. Check out this very informative video on why its best to fill up on all kinds of plant based foods in order to heal the gut which will in turn heal your skin as well as other health issues.
Seven signs you should be taking a probiotic
- Antibiotics – If you’ve taken antibiotics in the past year or even five years and you haven’t re-cultured your good bacteria you should look into taking a probiotic. Birth control and anti-inflammatory drugs like NSAID’s (over the counter pain meds like Tylenol, Ibuprofen etc) will also destroy the gut.
- Food Poisoning – This is a shift in the equilibrium of the gut, meaning that you have more bad bacteria than good. When this happens you will definitely want to re-populate the gut with good bacteria.
- Digestive Disturbances – Such as bloating, excessive gas, constipation, diarrhea etc. If this is occurring, you will want to look into supplementing with a probiotic.
- Skin Conditions – Once you start to fix what’s going on in the inside of the body, the outside will reflect more harmony and balance of your health.
- Mood Disorders – If you are having mood issues, such as depression, there’s a good chance that a good probiotic will help bounce up the seratonin levels. 95% of the seratonin is in the body is actually made in the gut and it’s the “happy molecule” in the brain. Once you start fixing your gut, you will notice that your mood will start to enhance!
- Weak Immunity – If you’re the type of person that gets sick two to three times a year and you’re wondering why, there’s a good chance that over populated bad bacteria is holding you back and you should look into considering a probiotic.
- Yeast Overgrowth – If you’re dealing with any type of yeast infection or yeast overgrowth on the inside, rebalancing the good gut bacteria will definitely help you.
For more info on the whole food based probiotics I use, check out this link HERE and shoot me an email for more information and how to order at firstname.lastname@example.org! I also do health coaching with eczema sufferers where I send them a health questionnaire to get to know them better and offer tips, diet advice and natural remedies. ☺️
I had been reading a little bit about fasting and specifically water fasting and wanted to give a go. I’m always looking into natural remedies that I can try out, and fasting is one of the best ways to give our bodies a break and let it heal on its own. Just days before my 3 day fast, I was an oozy mess. My legs were sticking to my sheets (from the ooze coming out and drying on the sheets) and I was having this uncomfortable, achy, heavy pain in both of my legs and feet. That odd throbbing pain seems to happen when the skin is cracked, open and oozing. My skin also itched and flaked a decent amount the night before the first day of the 3 day fast, and shed even more the morning of.
Before I go into my experience, let me give you some info on why in the world someone would want to go days without food, only consuming water, and how to do it safely.
So many times I will think about this “journey” that I’m on of healing. It’s been a loooong rough road and I still can’t believe that next month I will be 4 years topical steroid free! There have been many ups and downs. Many depressing times where I thought I had zero strength left in me to continue, then I realized I truly had no choice… it was either go back on the poisonous medication or keep on pushing, and I kept on pushing. I wiped my tears, calmed myself down, prayed and kept on going. My faith, and strength has been tested so many times I can’t even begin to count. Through all of the emotional and physical pain that I’ve endured, I would honestly not take it back. This journey that I’m on has changed me for the better. Just as the message says, I’ve felt that I’ve now become the person that I was always supposed to be in the first place. I have felt that this experience has broken me down so much that I’ve only had to understand myself in this broken state, the true person that I am. I feel that I’m now more empathetic to others pain and suffering, I feel so deeply now than I ever have before. I feel that I’ve found a purpose in all of this pain, and it’s to help others in any way that I can. To be of service is truly our only jobs on this planet and I feel that using my experience; the good the bad and the ugly, to inspire, help and comfort others is what it’s all about.
The journey may be a rough one to endure, but always remember that “the blessing is in the breaking”… when you’ve been broken down so much you finally realize who you are truly supposed to be and what the breaking is all about… bringing you to your highest self, vulnerable and ready to be built back up to a better you. Don’t give up, in your weakest hours is when your faith and strength are truly tested and when you need to hold on even tighter. In these moments I give thanks to the Most High. I praise God all throughout the day, when I’m having a great day and when I’m crying out in pain with thoughts of crawling into a deep hole to never return. He always listens, He always comforts and heals. Never give up on your faith… the journey may take longer than you’ve expected, but it WILL end, it may not be in your time, but in God’s time. Just know that everything has it’s purpose and there is a reason and season for everything. Trust in your body’s natural ability to heal, just give it all of the love, rest and nutrients it needs to heal and it will do all the work. Always tell yourself how much you love yourself, no matter what state your skin is in, kiss your skin, talk to your body calmly and sweetly with positive healing words. Your thoughts will influence your healing just as much as what you put into your body and on your body. 🙂
Many Blessings Warriors ❤
I leave you with an inspirational tune from Hillsong United
Check out my good friend Melissa’s new YouTube channel. She is a fellow TSW warrior and she wants to share great info on healing from eczema as well as share her journey.
You can also look at her new site where she gives many tips on healing from eczema: topeczematreatments.com
Make sure to show her some love! ❤
I had the wonderful pleasure of being a guest on my good friend Abby’s Eczema Podcast!
She is a registered Holistic Nutritionist and she is doing amazing work on her website, Prime Physique Nutrition. Abby interviews people in the field of healthy living who offer information, advice, personal accounts on eczema and natural alternative ways for healing. I had the great opportunity of sharing my journey with her on her most recent podcast.
This podcast was filmed in December 2014, and the only updates that I have since then is that my diet has transitioned to a completely plant based vegan diet, I’ve implemented some rebounding exercises to help with blood circulation & stimulating the lymph system and that the state of my feet are doing much better than when this was shot a few months ago!
I had such a great time being interviewed and sharing what I’ve learned with Abby. She’s such an inspiration in how she has battled through her eczema to come out on the other side of it all and become a Holistic Nutritionist to help others! I’m thankful for having this experience, and being able to connect with such an wonderful person. 🙂